~ Eligibility ~
In order to be eligible for The Rice Vinskus Scholarship, a student must:
- be the child (biological/adopted/stepchild) or dependent of a parent or legal guardian with breast cancer. This scholarship applies whether the parent is currently in treatment, in remission, or has passed.
- be a South Carolina resident and a United States Citizen.
- have acceptance as a full-time (12 or more credit hours) undergraduate (freshman through senior) at an accredited four-year college or university.
- have, at a minimum, a 2.5 grade or higher average (GPA) based on a 4.0 grade scale.
- have need of financial assistance to attend college.
~ Application Checklist ~
- Downloaded the application by following this link: RVS Application
- Electronic applications will not be accepted. All applications must be mailed to the address below in the original format.
- Enrollment verification of acceptance for enrollment at the institution you plan to attend must accompany the application.
- A brief essay (no more than 2 pages), in your words, giving brief biographical data about you and your family, your future career goals, and your need for financial assistance.
- Official copy of latest transcript of your grades from the school you now attend, including your cumulative GPR, rank in class and the highest attainable GPR at the end of your fall semester.
- Two references. One reference must be a current teacher or guidance counselor. These references must be mailed directly to the scholarship address shown below. Please provide your references with a stamped, scholarship addressed envelope.
- Signed release for information and/or records from schools attended by applicant. Release Form
- Your application will not be considered if:
- your application is not received by April 20, 2017.
- any part of the application is incomplete.
- any required forms, reference letters, verifications or releases are postmarked after April 20, 2017.
- Printable Checklist
- If you are chosen as a recipient, you will be notified by email and invited to attend our scholarship awards ceremony on Sunday, May 21 @ 3pm.
Rice Vinskus Scholarship
Reference: (Name of Applicant)
3504 Highway 153
Greenville, SC 29611